Zombie Commodity Zombie Commodity

Wow you´re indeed popping out new tracks like it is nothing... Definitely your style but don´t make concurrence to the lichlord. I just watched Last Shift while listening to your track and it would fit much better than the original soundtrack which just used presets of 8dio´s CAGE. Great track!

SnowTeddy responds:

I wonder what would the experience like when watching Last Shift and listening to this track.

Thank you very much for your review! :)

AIM - Rothgar AIM - Rothgar

This is a total Ceevro! You should have sang in here. I miss your collabs, though... Just was listening to Africa ;)

Ceevro responds:

I would dearly love to continue the singalongs. Alas, the new rules prevent covers unless we can get the original artist's permission...and I find it relatively difficult to get Paul Simon to answer my calls!

Calm Craggy Area (1f1n1ty Remix) Calm Craggy Area (1f1n1ty Remix)

Wow! These many shifts in style were unexpected! This was cool but also sometimes a bit unsatisfying. All the time when a nice part developed it was replaced by something completely different in expression and style. Also the genres are partly that different that it might be hard to find somebody who really likes all the parts. The tempo shifts also sometimes are a bit too rapid. All in all this appears more as something like a medley or a demorheel of what you are doing. All the parts for themself are very well produced. You write that this is a remix. I don´t know the original track so I can´t say much about this here. Details to the parts:
The beginning is really relaxed and chilled with some nearly celtic influences. I really like this part but I have the feeling that the tempo shift around 1 minute destroys that tranquil feeling and the increase of speed feels a bit "stumbling"... Except this the upbeat part around 1:20 is very nice and also the shift to the piano parts at 1:50 is quite flawless. Maybe the modulation around 1:300 was a bit too sudden. The change to the housy part at 2:00 comes a bit out of the blue. But maybe this is just a matter of taste since I don´t really like this housy stuff. Really nice part again starting at 2:40ish. Your piano is really nice in this track. I also like the bit "grotesque" part starting afterwards and again nice transition to that chilled atmosphere around 3:20 which also gives a reprise of the beginning. For the rest my impressions were very similar. I really liked the piano outro! You also have some really nice piano sound... All in all it is quite hard to rate this track since it feels more like a compilation than a single track but I´ll give it a 5 of 5 since all the parts themself are really nice. You should consider developing full tracks out of the single parts, although from what I read in your description it was your idea here to create an "episodic" track. Anyway: Good Job!

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey, Azhthar! Thanks for dropping by

I do have a hard time sticking to a single style :P The original piece has a number of different melodies in it, and I also incorporated melodies from other parts of the game. Hence, a sort of "medley" feel, I guess. I played around with a lot of different things without paying much heed to a consistent style, so mashing them together will inherently feel weird. So in a way, the development for the single parts is actually this, even if it doesn't sound like that.

A lot of people have told me they definitely don't like how I change tempos everywhere. While it is super cool to keep a single tempo throughout a piece, I personally like the shifts. I guess it's just my own personal taste.

There's no modulation at 1:30 :/

You're a bit early with the beginning reprise - I put that at 3:40, not 3:20.

I'm happy you like the piano outro! I had a number of really good influences and I like how it turned out.

FOOL. FOOL.

Cool! It´s quite awesome that you draw, too. I didn´t know this... I like this one most. Probably do too obvious halloween reasons ;) It´s quite trippy and abstract. I can´t help myself but it also seems that it has something from Five nights at Freddy´s mixed with poker... The cartoonish style is quite cool, too. I by myself completely suck at drawing so unfortunately can´t really give any productive feedback...
Anyway, keep it up!!!

Autumn Stroll Autumn Stroll

You did all these pictures by spraying??? Wow, that´s pretty awesome I have to say. You are really gifted!

Ceevro responds:

Yup. I love the medium. It's super-fast, and really cheap (go to an art supply store, and you'll see what I mean really quickly). Everything I do is with rattle-cans and household garbage. I use everything from old dishes to grocery bags to newspapers to kitchen sponges to sweat socks. The only pieces of actual ART stuff I own are a single palate knife, and a plastic paint brush I stole out of an old water colour set for kids. Most paintings take less than 20 minutes to create - the secret is to move faster than spray paint dries...which can be a real challenge!